Newbeans Coffee doctors and plant tours
Its not every day that you get a chance to create your own unique coffee blend in one of the UK’s top ten coffee roasting plants. This is a great experience for everyone that loves making, serving and drinking coffee. Whether you are a top Barista, or simply looking for a day out with friends, experience something that is a little bit different and take advantage of the Newbeans roaster school.
These half day tours allow you to build your coffee knowledge, and understand the process that Newbeans put into every great coffee blend – run from our plant in Hemel Hempstead.
These courses are led by one of our highly trained roasting staffs, bringing together years of roasting and blending coffee. These tours are great for all walks of life.
[jsbrotate imgdisp=3 imgfade=2 height=400 width=600 images=https://www.newbeans.co.uk/shop/media//Tour1.png|https://www.newbeans.co.uk/shop/media//Tour2.png|https://www.newbeans.co.uk/shop/media//Tour3.png|https://www.newbeans.co.uk/shop/media//Tour4.png|https://www.newbeans.co.uk/shop/media//Tour5.png /]
- Arrive at the plant and be welcomed with a great cup of coffee, and an introduction from one of Newbeans world famous coffee roasters. Our roasters have experience of the coffee suppy chain – from selecting best beans, roasting and cupping as well as production and manufacturing.
- Introduction slide show looking at how coffee is sourced, picked, processed and brought to the factory. This is an informative talk about where our coffee comes from – our roasters visit plantations looking only for the top class beans. You will also be shown the selection and shipping process to the plant, along with quality and certification.
- Coffee Museum – see roasting machinery from the past – and the different techniques used to create and roast the perfect Newbeans coffee. Over the years Newbeans have developed it’s own process to allow it’s coffee to be produced and sold in many different outlets – from top quality products in your home, to mass produced, specialised products for catering and vending industries.
- Plant tour – get ready to see a large batch roaster , in full working, roasting a batch of fresh coffee. Understand the process and see how coffee can be created with quality and consistency time and time again. You will see the tools that allow quality production and consistency in your coffee, and how the skill of a roaster can create different flavours and tastes.
- Blend your own – create your own 1KG coffee blend – with its own label – to take home. Your unique blend will be hand batched and created on our CTAPS system for you to change or order every month – creating your own great coffee experience.
- Finally, no tour would be complete without an informal question and answer session – Finishing with signing off of your very own roasting certificate, coining that you have been approved as a first level Newbeans CTAPS roaster and have created your own unique blend.
The tour allows you to create your own unique coffee and coffee blend, you’re your own personalized label. Once the blend is recorded in our production database, it can be ordered online for your friends family – or even to use in a coffee shop. Each blend also comes with a 50% off your next online purchase.
How to find us
We are located in the heart of Hemel Hepstead, London. We are situated only a 10 minute walk from Apsley Train Station. Please refer to the interactive map below for directions.